Access for all at Dairy Barns
We offer a warm welcome to all guests arriving at Dairy Barns. If you have any specific needs you would like us to be aware of to ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible please do contact us before arrival.
Arrival and Car Parking
Due to our rural location we are not easily accessible by public transport. The nearest Railway Station is at Wroxham. The nearest wheelchair-accessible taxi firm is Stalham Cabs Tel: 0800 074 0690
If you are arriving by car we have an undercover car park with a tarmac surface which is next to the main entrance of the Barns. On arrival please ring the large ships bell to the left of the entrance doors. We are of course happy to assist with luggage. There is low level lighting in the car park at night.
The Dairy Barns main complex is all on one level and free from steps and stairs. The floor surface in the main barn / breakfast room is a combination of wooden floor boards. All other areas including the lounge, corridors and bedrooms are carpeted.
- Breakfast room chairs do not have arms.
- All doors are wide enough for wheelchair access.
- We have one room, Rambling Rose which has a wet room with a seat and shower grab rail.
- Our 3 extra special rooms have a staircase to a second floor.
- All our beds are approximately 600mm in height.
- Furniture is arranged in all bedrooms and public areas to allow for free access around the rooms.
There is slope access to the garden and courtyard where there is ample seating. There is both a lawn and patio area.
- Mobile phone service is limited however we do have booster aerials.
- We operate a no smoking policy throughout all parts of the house.
- A fire alarm is fitted with call points and smoke detectors. A bell sounds if evacuation is needed.
- We have a small fridge which can be placed in your room on request for medication and other special needs.
- Special diets are catered for by prior arrangement.
- We can accept Guide Dogs by prior arrangement.
- We have Disabled Access Toilets on the ground floor for guests attending special events at the Dairy Barns.