DOGS WELCOME AT COWMANS COTTAGE
We love to welcome dogs to the farm at Dairy Barns and they are welcome to stay with their owners at Cowman’s Cottage. Indeed, we supply a box of very special, locally made dog biscuits for your four-legged friends (their owners get cake so it seems fair!). We would ask for guests’ consideration, however, to ensure that you, your dogs and future guests enjoy a stay at Cowman’s Cottage.
- Feel free to take the dog for a walk on the farm – we do have sheep, horses and cattle so please use common sense and ensure that your dog does not disturb livestock or other wildlife
- Alternatively, turn right from the drive at the Cottage and there is a grass track that follows the road to Sea Palling. Turn left from the drive, go to the last house and you will find a concrete path that goes down to our grazing meadows
- Please do not leave your dog unattended in the house for long periods of time as we don’t like chewed flooring or doors!
- There is an outside tap and bucket should you need to wash off mud and sand
- Please – no dogs on the beds or sofas
- If you gain a Jack Russell or 2 black Labradors in the Cottage garden, that will be Blackberry, Shadow and George and they belong to us, but hopefully they will stay on the farm where they belong!
- Dogs are made most welcome at the Greyhound Pub in Hickling village, the Star Inn in Lessingham Village and The Fishermans Return in Winterton
- If you are unfortunate enough to require a vet, we recommend Westover Vets, North Walsham - 01692 403202 – which is about 12 miles away and is open Monday-Friday 8.30am-6.30pm and Saturday 8.30am-12 noon
- Please clear up all dog poo before leaving; put it in a bag in the black wheelie bin
- Don’t hesitate to pop over to the Dairy Barns if you need any help with anything dog-related during your stay
- If you have any questions about bringing your dog/s to Dairy Barns prior to booking please do get in touch.