WELCOME AT COWMANS COTTAGE A DOG FRIENDLY NORFOLK COTTAGE
We love to welcome dogs to the farm at Dairy Barns and they are welcome to stay with their owners at Cowman’s Cottage. Indeed, we supply a box of very special, locally made dog biscuits for your four-legged friends (their owners get cake so it seems fair!). We would ask for guests’ consideration, however, to ensure that you, your dogs and future guests enjoy a stay at Cowman’s Cottage.
- Feel free to take the dog for a walk on the farm – we do have sheep, horses and cattle so please use common sense and ensure that your dog does not disturb livestock or other wildlife
- Alternatively, turn right from the drive at the Cottage and there is a grass track that follows the road to Sea Palling. Turn left from the drive, go to the last house and you will find a concrete path that goes down to our grazing meadows
- You can walk on many of the local beaches throughout the year
- Please do not leave your dog unattended in the house for long periods of time as we don’t like chewed flooring or doors!
- There is an outside tap and bucket should you need to wash off mud and sand
- Please – no dogs on the beds or sofas
- If you gain a Jack Russell or a black Labrador in the Cottage garden, that will be Blackberry and Shadow they belong to us, but hopefully they will stay on the farm where they belong!
- Dogs are made most welcome at the Greyhound Pub in Hickling village, the Star Inn in Lessingham Village and The Fishermans Return in Winterton
- If you are unfortunate enough to require a vet, we recommend Westover Vets, North Walsham – 01692 403202 – which is about 12 miles away and is open Monday-Friday 8.30am-6.30pm and Saturday 8.30am-12 noon
- Please clear up all dog poo before leaving; put it in a bag in the black wheelie bin
- Don’t hesitate to pop over to the Dairy Barns if you need any help with anything dog-related during your stay
- If you have any questions about bringing your dog/s to Dairy Barns prior to booking please do get in touch.