DOG FRIENDLY NORFOLK COTTAGES
DOGS WELCOME AT COWMANS COTTAGE & DUNE VIEW COTTAGE
We love to welcome dogs to holiday cottages at Dairy Barns and they are welcome to stay with their owners at Cowman’s Cottage and Dune View Cottage. Indeed, we supply a box of very special, dog biscuits for your four-legged friends (their owners get goodies as well so it seems fair!). We would ask for guests’ consideration, however, to ensure that you, your dogs and future guests enjoy their stays at the cottages.
- Feel free to take the dog for a walk on the farm – we do have sheep, horses and cattle so please use common sense and ensure that your dog does not disturb livestock or other wildlife
- Please ask us about walks on the farm as we can make plenty of suggestions depending on the time of year
- Both cottages have large enclosed gardens, great for lazing around in
- You can walk on many of the local beaches throughout the year
- Please do not leave your dog unattended in the house for long periods of time as we don’t like chewed flooring or doors!
- There is an outside tap and bucket should you need to wash off mud and sand
- Please – no dogs on the beds or sofas
- If you gain a Jack Russell or a black Labrador in the Cottage garden, that will be Blackberry and Shadow they belong to us, but hopefully they will stay on the farm where they belong!
- Dogs are made most welcome at the Greyhound Pub in Hickling village, the Star Inn in Lessingham Village and The Fishermans Return in Winterton
- We provide of guide called “Dog Friendly North Norfolk” so you and your dog can make the most of your stay
- If you are unfortunate enough to require a vet, we recommend Westover Vets, North Walsham – 01692 403202 – which is about 12 miles away and is open Monday-Friday 8.30am-6.30pm and Saturday 8.30am-12 noon
- Please clear up all dog poo before leaving; put it in a bag in the black wheelie bin
- Don’t hesitate to pop over to the Dairy Barns if you need any help with anything dog-related during your stay
- If you have any questions about bringing your dog/s to Dairy Barns prior to booking please do get in touch.If you’re travelling or holidaying around Norfolk with your furry friend, Stripes Express provides reliable and pet-friendly taxi journeys. Whether you wish to visit the vast coastlines for a paddle in the sea, the numerous National Parks for a long country walk, or to the city of Norwich for a bit of sightseeing – Stripes Express are happy to deliver you and your four-legged friend to the destination of your choice.