Dairy Barns, Lound Farm, Hickling Lane, Hickling, Norfolk, NR12 OBE
Phone: 01692 598243
Email: [email protected]
Please note our farm office is only staffed part-time, but you can leave an answer phone message. Your enquiry is important to us, and messages and emails are continually checked throughout the day.
Directions by car
Sat-nav NR12 0BE (*signposted)
From A47/Acle roundabout
- At roundabout (petrol station & starbucks on LH side) go straight over SP Casiter on Sea (A1064)
- Follow road, over bridge and in approx 1 mile turn left *Clippesby and The Broads (B1152). Stay on this road until the end where you come to a T-Junction.
- Turn left *Stalham and /or Wroxham (A149). Follow road through villages of Repps with Bastwick and Potter Heigham. Approx 1 mile after Potter Heigham take the tuning on the right *Hickling and brown sign Hickling Broad.
- Follow this road to the village of Hickling, continue through the village past the Greyhound Pub, out of the village past Hickling House Nursing Home on right, past Hickling Hall farm on left. At small junction keep right *Sea Palling.
- In approx 1 mile down this road you will go over small bridge with white railings, in approx 800 yards after the bridge, Dairy Barns at Lound Farm is round a tight corner on the left.
- Take the A1151 to Wroxham from Norwich. Travel through Wroxham
- Stay on this road until you reach the small town of Stalham.
- At Stalham take the second left at Tesco junction *Sea Palling and brown sign for Waxham Barn
- Go across mini-roundabouts following signs for Sea Palling and Waxham Barns.
- You come into the village of Ingham with a sharp bend around the Swan Pub, keep following the signs to Sea Palling and brown Camping sign
- At T junction turn right *Sea Palling.
- Follow this road for approximately 2 miles and you will come to a junction on the right *Hickling and Potter Heigham. Turn right, this is Hickling Lane (If you reach the village of Sea Palling you have gone too far)
- Dairy Barns at Lound Farm is approx ½ mile down Hickling Lane on the right hand side.
Rail operator Greater Anglia runs half hourly services between London Liverpool Street and Norwich. A direct service links Cambridge and Norwich, while East Midlands Trains offer connecting services from the Midlands, north of England and Scotland via Peterborough. Local connecting services are run from Norwich to Great Yarmouth via the Wherry Line or Norwich to Wroxham via the Bittern Line. Taxis are available from the station or villages of Wroxham and Acle to Dairy Barns (approx. 12 miles).
By coach and bus
Daily National Express services are operated from all major cities into Norwich’s central station where they connect with Norfolk’s local bus network.
National Express: 08705 80 80 80 – www.nationalexpress.com/
Norwich is home to a major regional airport, Norwich International, which is just four miles north of the city centre. Routes into Norwich from Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Manchester, Amsterdam and others.
Flybe: low cost flights to Norwich www.flybe.com
Norwich Airport: 01603 411 923 – www.norwichairport.co.uk